Are you new to budgeting? It can be a pretty stressful thing to begin. I remember when I first did an official budget. There I was sitting at my dining room table with my budget book, flipping page after page. I didn’t think it would be so much work! My husband assured me it would get easier, and he was right. ((A quick note: we have separate bank accounts so we each do our own budget. It works for us.))
Over time I’ve had to adjust my budget book because I forgot certain expenses. I’ve created a list of common things many people forget to include in their budget. Any other suggestions? Please leave them in the comments section.
- Netflix, Hulu, or other stream services
- Newspaper, magazine subscriptions renewals (I totally forgot about this in my budget, even though it was $10 a month. I adjusted my entertainment category to include it).
- Oil changes, car supplies, car repairs (I have a gas/car fund category and it includes misc. car expenses)
- Gym memberships, workout gear
- Car registration, drivers license fee, car inspection fees, car insurance
- Back to school shopping, holiday shopping, special occasions (birthdays, anniversaries, etc)
- Haircuts, color, treatment
- Out of pocket medical/dental expenses (co-pays, prescription costs, dental procedure costs)
- Going out to eat